This course is for the AK enthusiast that wants to better understand their AK platform rifle and perform better with it from close to long range engagements.
This course will be taught by Kyle Litzie, National Champion and competitor and winner of the Red Oktober, a national level AK competition.
• The mechanical functionality of the Kalashnikov platform and how to properly maintain your rifle.
• Common myths and misconceptions about the AK and the steel cased bi metal jacket ammunition its designed to fire.
• Proper weapons manipulations with the AK platform (reloads, clearing malfunctions, charging ect…)
• Body stance, posture and grip for proper recoil control and controlled rapid fire of any AK rifle from 7.62x39 to 5.45x39 .
• How to properly zero your AKs iron sights ( and or optics ).
• How to use the AK for long range engagements and how to use the Russian style iron sights to dial in elevation.
For this course you will need
• Your AK platform rifle in any caliber (7.62x39, 223, 5.56x45, 5.45x39, 9x19)
• 400 rounds
• AK sight adjustment tool (recommended but I will have one you can use)
• Magazines to hold 60 rounds.
• At least one magazine pouch or a rig capable of holding a magazine for reloads
Loaner Rifles can be made available upon request prior to attending the course
The classroom portion of the course will be held at:
1401 N. Batavia Street
Orange, CA 92867
The range portion of the course will be held at:
California Tactical Academy
700 Holser Canyon Rd
Piru, CA 93040